Culture, Health and Wellbeing
International Conference 2017
19th, 20th and 21st June 2017 Bristol UK
The conference will showcase inspirational practice, policy and the latest research in culture and arts in health and wellbeing. It will discuss the role of arts and creativity in healing, care and wellbeing across the life course. It will encourage discussion and shared learning, facilitating dialogue between researchers, policy makers and practitioners. Conference themes will encompass multiple art forms and will include:
- Reducing inequalities
- Promoting resilience, prevention and early intervention
- Improving mental health and wellbeing
- Creative ageing
- Specific health conditions and care pathways including palliative care
- Community and social development in different international contexts
- Designing for wellbeing – services, environments, products
- Museums, heritage and health
- Developing national and international networks
- Models and frameworks for co-production, commissioning, delivery and evaluation
- Training, education and professional development
- Open theme
We welcome submissions for presentations, workshops, performances and films. We particularly encourage those who have never submitted a paper before and will provide guidance on the process.
Call for abstracts opens April 20th 2016
Deadline for submissions of abstracts November 20th 2016
Decision on abstracts January 2017
Early bird registration June 20th 2016 – February 28th 2017
For further information contact Alex Coulter, Director of Arts & Health South West: email@example.com
If you would like to be on the mailing list for updates please contact us here.
You can access the documents from the first conference, which was in 2013, under the Conference Archive tab.